Information available on this page will be of particular interest to parents of students currently enrolled at Lakes Entrance Secondary College or about to enrol.
Attendance, Absence, Leaving School Early
If your child is absent you can advise the school by logging on to Compass School Manager.
Alternatively, you can contact the General Office on 03 5155 2982 between 8am - 4pm.
Late Arrival To School
Bring a note from home outlining the reason for late arrival.
Report to the General office and sign in.
Persistent, unexplained lateness will result in detentions.
Leaving School Early
Students are not to leave school grounds without written consent from their parents or guardians and need to be signed out at the General Office by the author of the note.
Year 12 students only may sign themselves out of the school.
Change of Personal Details
- If a change of personal details occurs (e.g. address, telephone numbers, email addresses, medical conditions) the General Office staff must be notified immediately.
Driving To School
- If students in the Senior School wish to drive to school they must not park in the staff car park and are not permitted to have other students in their vehicles. If licensed students are transporting siblings to and from school a note from a parent/guardian is required.
Excursions & Camps
- Parents will be notified in writing.
- Payments are to be made to the General Office.
- Payments and forms are to be returned by the due date.
- The College reserves the right to exclude any student a place on a camp or excursion.
- Students are to be in full school uniform for all excursions unless otherwise stated.
- All payments are to be made directly to the General Office.
- Lockers are available to Year 7 - 12 students who are to purchase their own lock.
- Combination locks can also be purchased from the General Office for $12.00.
Messages To Students
- Only in the case of an emergency will messages from parents/guardians be conveyed to students.
- Students will not be called to the telephone.
- Students are not permitted to use their mobile phone during school hours.
- Ask for teacher permission to go to Sick Bay.
- Check in at the General Office before proceeding to Sick Bay.
- The General Office may phone a student’s parent/guardian if a student is feeling ill. Students are NOT to phone parents/guardians themselves to be removed from the College.
- School personnel are unable to administer medication, prescription or otherwise.
- Any student taking regular medication should leave it at the General Office.
- Students with anaphylaxis and asthma are encouraged to leave spare inhalers/Epipens at the General Office as well as carrying one on their persons at all times.
Money/Valuables At School
- Lakes Entrance Secondary College takes no responsibility for money or valuables that have been lost, stolen or damaged.
Out of Bounds
The following areas are out of bounds:
- Oval next to the Gymnasium (opposite Bus Loop)
- Staff Car Park
- Behind the Pavilion
- The hill above the main oval
- Behind the Gallery and Room 25
- Smoking is not permitted on College grounds or within 4 metres of the entrances to secondary schools as stipulated under an amendment to the Tobacco Act 1987.
- Parents/Guardians will be notified if a student is caught smoking.
- Students will be explicitly educated regarding the dangers and risks regarding smoking by the Adolescent Health Nurse.
- Recurring incidents will result in escalated consequences.
- Bus services operate from outlying areas to transport students to and from the College.
- Buses travel to the College from Nowa Nowa, Metung, Johnsonville, as well as outlying areas of Lakes Entrance.